For quite some time, you’ve been experiencing workout burnout. That half hour of running on a treadmill and another half hour of weight training just doesn’t sound appealing any longer. Maybe you’ve been looking for ways to jazz up your fitness routine. We’re here to tell you that you should strongly consider boxing. For one thing, if you really push yourself, you can burn up to 400 calories in one session. Boxing also works wonders building muscle tone, agility, speed, and hand-eye coordination. Naturally, you may be skeptical at first going to a boxing gym. Trust us when we say it’s worth it. Here are some tips as you prepare for that initial class:
- Have the right equipment – The beginning boxer should plan to invest in essentials such as handwraps and training gloves. Keep in mind that some places will have equipment available for purchase. At Spinoxhitt in Oak Park, you will use only the highest quality of equipment. Feel free to ask about jump roves, gloves, and punching bags before your first class with us.
- Master the techniques – The last thing you want to do is injure yourself during a boxing class. That’s why it’s imperative to learn good technique from the instructor. Remember that boxing is much more than simply throwing punches. Get ready to learn about the proper stance, weight distribution, as well as hand, arm, and elbow placement.
- Punch and rest – Don’t be surprised if you’re huffing and puffing those first few classes. As aforementioned, boxing is a total body workout. There’s the possibility you will be training with quick-paced, 30-second circuits with built-in recovery periods in between. Most instructors finish their boxing lessons with a combination of burpees, push-ups, and ab exercises.
- Let loose – Boxing training can certainly be strenuous and exhausting. That said, it’s also the perfect way to relieve stress and frustration. We’re willing to guess that most people would jump at the chance to take their problems out on a punching bag. So when you step into a boxing club, any fear or hesitation should go out the window.
- Eat properly to recover – You’re probably going to feel like plopping on the couch after your first handful of boxing classes. Just be sure that you eat smartly so you don’t waste that workout. Our boxing trainers recommend plenty of proteins and carbs to recover. Of course, avoid processed foods as much as possible.
What to Expect at Our Boxing Gym
Are you looking to improve your focus, lose some weight, boost your confidence, or just blow off steam? Then you’ve got to try a boxing class at Spinoxhiit. We aren’t your typical gym where trainers take a “cookie-cutter” approach to fitness. Rather, we are truly committed to your fitness and overall health. Spinoxhiit is where you will get the full fitness spectrum, from boxing and kickboxing to yoga and spin classes.
For a limited time, schedule a consultation and get one week absolutely free! Get in touch with us today.