It’s officially spring, which means warmer weather is just around the corner. Before you know it, you’ll be spending entire days at the pool. Don’t you want to look your best? Our friendly, experienced staff at Spinoxhiit can help you get back in shape. Prior to making your way to the fitness center again for the first time, it’s a good idea to know the mistakes to avoid at the gym. Keep reading to learn more.
- Waiting for equipment – Your time is precious. Maybe you had to move things around in your schedule to fit in a workout. So why on earth would you waste minutes waiting for equipment? Men’s Fitness recommends having an alternative in the event that someone else is using your preferred bench or squat rack. Not to mention, waiting around for equipment is likely to decrease your motivation.
- Skipping the warmup – The last thing you want is to get injured during a workout. Before getting started, make it a point to elevate your heart rate with bodyweight exercises such as lunges, squats, pushups, and jumping jacks. Trust us when we say that a 10-minute warmup makes a huge difference.
- Doing cardio before your lifting session – This remains one of the biggest misconceptions in the fitness world. We’re willing to bet that your typical workout consists of a 30-minute jog before making your way to the weights. Frankly, it should be the other way around. If you’re fatigued from cardio, it could lead to poor form with the weights. Even if it seems strange at first, adjust your workout so that lifting precedes any cardio.
- Spreading out your workout – You can’t afford to spend hours at the gym. Maybe you need to go back to the office for a few hours or pick the kids up from school. Whatever the case, it’s imperative to be efficient with your workout. What do we mean by this? Well, consider grouping exercise so you can use equipment in the same area. All that time walking back and forth between sets adds up in a hurry.
- Leaving your water bottle at home – Staying properly hydrated is key during a workout. Maybe you’re thinking, “What’s wrong with just taking a drink from the water fountain between exercises?” It goes back to the idea of saving time at the gym. If you really want to get a good workout without wasting time, be sure to bring your own bottle and fill it up beforehand.
A Boxing Gym and So Much More
At Spinoxhiit, we are proud to have the full fitness spectrum. In fact, we are the premier boxing club in the area. Boxing classes not only provide a great way to blow off steam but offer a comprehensive full-body workout. Imagine building muscle tone, agility, speed, and hand-eye coordination all while burning up to 400 calories. That’s all possible once you get started with boxing lessons at Spinoxhiit.
Why settle for a frustrating gym experience when you can enjoy our family-like environment? Now is the perfect time to incorporate boxing training into your fitness training. Get in touch with a local boxing trainer today.
Reach out to Spinoxhiit today to receive a free first week of training.