Yoga puts significant emphasis on the body’s natural tendency toward health and self-healing. It’s important to know that yoga is so much more than becoming more flexible. It’s about creating strength, awareness, and harmony in the mind and body. Sure, there are many different schools of yoga. The majority, though, center around breathing exercises, meditation, and assuming postures that flex and stretch muscle groups. Keep reading as we dive into the many benefits of yoga.
- Lessens chronic pain – Do you suffer from lower back pain, headaches, arthritis, or carpal tunnel on a regular basis? Then we recommend giving yoga a try. It’s a much better and safer alternative to over-the-counter pain medications.
- Lowers blood pressure – Research shows that regular yoga sessions can help with blood pressure and heart disease. Just be sure that you ask your doctor before participating in your first session.
- Improves sleep – A whopping 60 million Americans are affected by insomnia. Why risk getting addicted to sleep aids when you can try a much healthier alternative to yoga? Even just basic yoga poses can encourage relaxation at night.
- Increases energy – It can be difficult to naturally enhance your vitality. That said, regular yoga classes can certainly make a difference.
- Improves athletic performance – More and more athletes today incorporate yoga into their training regimens. The main elements of yoga are designed to build strength and flexibility while also regulating breathing. So if you’re looking for that extra competitive edge on the court or on the field, think about attending some yoga classes.
Mental Benefits of Yoga
There are more than just physical benefits to doing yoga. For one thing, it can boost emotional and mental well-being by encouraging relaxation, concentration, self-inquiry, and meditation. Experts also confirm that yoga can be an effective way to develop coping skills and reaching a more positive outlook on life. Here are some additional mental benefits of yoga:
- Creates mental clarity and calmness
- Increases body awareness
- Relieves chronic stress patterns
- Relaxes the mind
- Centers attention
Yoga in Oak Park
At Spinoxhiit, our yoga classes are a mix of power yoga and Vinyasa. From beginning yoga to yoga for men, we have something for you.
Please know that yoga is just one piece of our fitness spectrum puzzle. Our coaches and trainers are here to help you take charge of your health. That said, we don’t use a one-size-fits-all approach with our members like some gyms might. It’s why we offer so many different classes. Chances are that your fitness goals will differ from those of another member. We invite you to check out our kickboxing classes, spin classes, and high-intensity interval training.
Spinoxhiit was founded with one goal in mind: Help as many folks as possible optimize their health and physical performance. Rest assured that we will always be committed to your health and well-being. You, your fitness, and your comfort are our number one priority. At our gym, there’s never any sense of intimidation. When you first come into our facility, it’s easy to see that we are one big family.
See how yoga can change your life. Call now for a free first week of training.